Monday, April 25, 2011

All good things...

must come to an end.  And so goes my Spring Break.

It was a good one, to be sure.  I am not complaining at all, except for the fact that it is over and reality is back.  Sigh.

The rest of my Spring Break week was as nice as my first.  Here is your list:

1.  Went to Manassas Battlefield.  Took some pictures.

2.  Went shopping.  Grocery and fun shopping. :)  Great deals at Old Navy!

3.  Finished a crochet project.  Took pictures.

4.  Got yarn (surprise?!?) for new project.

5.  Got my hair cut!  LOVE it!

6.  Called the AC repair guy.  Currently still waiting for him to show up.  It is OMG hot in my house.  Poor miss raven is so lethargic.  I've got two floor fans and a ceiling fan on and it is 85 degrees in the house.  We are melting...melting...MELTING!!!!!!  He said he would be here in two hours.  That was two hours ago.  He needs to hurry the heck up.

UPDATE:  He came, he saw, it is going to cost me P.L.E.N.T.Y.  Like...I may not eat at all this summer.  Walking to work every day?  Yep.  My AC guy and I have a Plan A and a Plan B.  Plan A is to replace the fan and pray like heck that it works...my part of plan A, besides paying for said fan, is to pray like heck that it works for a looooonnnngggg time.  AC Guy is telling me that replacing the fan is a "temporary" fix.  I, however, believe that God can make the temporary permanent, should He choose to do so.  Please pray with me that Plan A works...for the long term.

Plan B is to replace my (very) old heat/AC system.  That is going to cost me an arm, leg, kidney, and perhaps the right ventricle of my heart.  If I have to go with Plan B, please pray that (a) AC Guy's boss will lower the price some--AC Guy said perhaps 10%, which leaves the total still very, very HIGH, and (b) AC Guy's boss will be accepting to letting me make payments.  There is NO way that I will be able to come up with the total cost all at one time.

Finally, I did have some money set aside for miss raven.  She is due for her wellness exam this June and this is the year of the shots.  Rabies, distemper, and parvo, as well as blood work for her heartworm test.  I have been saving money all winter because the poor thing desperately needs her teeth cleaned and I fear that she will need to have at least one tooth extracted.  Please, please pray that the replacing of the fan holds until at least next summer so that I don't have to choose between heat/AC and getting her mouth taken care of.  I really can't leave her mouth for another year because an infection could get into her blood stream and kill her but I also can't have her cooped up in a HOT house all summer either.

                                                  ROCK.        me.         HARD PLACE.

sigh.

Anyway--God is good and I know that this will work out.  I mean, look where I was this time last year.  House yanked out from underneath me, not sure where I was going to live, stressing out.  Now I am in my own house, which I love, and, although this whole "having to pay for everything yourself, homeowner" sucks, it is WAY better than dealing with an irresponsible, dishonest landlord.

So.  It's back to work for me tomorrow.  I love being off work and the next two weeks are going to be crazy busy.  Actually, the next month is going to be crazy, insanely busy, but that is normal for this time of the year.  Aside from how tired it makes me, I really don't mind because it makes the time go by faster.  Soon it will be summer and I will be able to relax a little.

Now I must go.  The computer is hot, the house is hot, I am hot.  I am also in need of a popsicle.

Good night! :)

4 comments:

  1. AAAHHHHHH the joys of being a homeowner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you, your ac and that your end of school year activities will go smoothly. Love your haircut! Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I totally agree with Matt!!!! Sometime hoeownership totally sucks!!!!!
    2. I totally agree with Freddie...your hair cut ROCKS!!!!! :)
    3. God will work out something with the AC/Heat thingies!
    4. I CANNOT wait to see all of the pictures youare going to post!!!!!
    5. IMISSMYBFF!!!!!!!!!

    That is all...for now! ;oP

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!! I just read #1 in the comment that I left....please do excuse the typo! I have no idea what hoeownership would be like, it was supposed to say HOMEOWNERSHIP! LOL! Sorry! ;oP

    ReplyDelete