1. My weekend turned out better than I thought it would, given the fact that Friday was a crap-tastic day for me. I went to the Phillips Gallery of Art and then to the National Gallery. On Saturday I went shopping for decorations for my classroom. That felt good. :) I am going with a "frog" theme at the beginning of the year. We will be "Hopping In To Fourth Grade." Witty, no?
2. After weeks of little to no rain, the heavens have opened up upon us. Seriously. In the last two days I think I have gotten close to 7 inches of rain. This is good for the grass and for my cucumber vines who have apparently decided to give me another chance. This is not so good for my lawnmower.
3. I had to go back to realwork today. In my mind, one of the worst things that can ever happen is for me to be late. I loathe being late. I am the person who would rather be 30 minutes early than 5 minutes late. So imagine my horror at discovering that I was TWENTY minutes late to work today. Did I oversleep? NO! I have been up since 5:15 this morning (thank you, miss raven). I READ THE PAPER WRONG! I thought it said that we were supposed to be there at 8:30. Nope. That would be TOMORROW! I was so, so, so embarassed. And mortified. And mad at myself.
I will be there at 8:00 tomorrow.
4. I walked approx. two and a half miles this morning. And ate ice cream tonight. At least it was low-calorie ice cream. That should count for something.
5. My swap package came today!!!! Feast your eyes upon this:
Jen (From Wife, "Mom", Knitter), sent me:
- YARN: Plymouth Earth--hillside linen and Plymouth Yarn--baby alpaca lace. I cannot even begin to describe the squishy goodness that is the blue yarn! The linen is going to make an amazing scarf or perhaps a hat.....
- COFFEE: Sun Coffee Roasters--Cafe' Blend (a smooth, smoky, sweet blend with hints of dark chocolate) and two packets of iced coffee mix
- CHOCOLATE: Two bars of Dove, one dark chocolate, one raspberry and dark chocolate swirl
- Peanut butter dog treats made ESPECIALLY for miss raven! (She says thank you very much!)
- A reusable travel coffee cup (true story--I almost bought the SAME cup this weekend. Glad I didn't!)
- a cute little project bag (oh how I love a good bag!)
- Garment knit labels that say "crocheted by" and "crocheted with love by"
- photo bookmarks
- a magnetic notepad and a little notebook
- a handmade sheep card (I love the expression on the face of that sheep!)
- a bar of hand-crafted lemon poppy seed soap
- A PAIR OF PINK HAND-KNIT MITTENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THESE!!!!
6. I will be quite the social butterfly this week. I am having dinner with a friend tomorrow night and dinner with a friend and her mother on Wednesday night. Ok. Maybe "social butterfly" is stretching it a bit. Let me run with it, though, ok?
7. My favorite 12 year old started 6th grade today. I am so not ready for her to be in 6th grade!
8. miss raven is