Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I really am...

doing all I know how to do to help these children so why must their parents fight me on every little thing?

I'm either giving too much work or not enough.

I'm either testing/quizzing too much or not enough.

They either have too much play time or they don't.

It's at times like these that I think of Lincoln..."You can't please all of the people all of the time."  True dat, Lincoln.

I don't want to become only a weekend blogger but I am so tired during the week that, by the time I get all the housework done and all the school work done, I am tired.  I was in bed and asleep by 9:45 last night and I barely made it that long.

I did have a good weekend.  I went out to breakfast with a good friend of mine, hung out around the house the rest of the day Saturday, went to Alexandria and my favorite LYS on Sunday (why yes, of course, I bought more yarn!), and just generally enjoyed the beautiful weather over the whole weekend.  It really was very nice and relaxing.

Ok.  I have to go get ready for work now so this is all you get.  If you are the praying type, please pray for me today.  I love my students, I really do.  Please pray that I can find a way to help the ones that are struggling and a way to not yell at parents who think they should have no responsibility at all when it comes to their child's education.

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO TRUE that you can't please all all of the time, heck most of the time. Just remember that you are doing your best, and I KNOW that that is WAY BEYOND what most teachers do because you are one AWSOME teacher!!! (and BFF!)
    Happy to hear that you had a nice weekend!
    Need a pic of the new yarn please
    and I will be praying for you and the kids!
    MISS YA!

    ReplyDelete