Monday, November 14, 2011

And so it begins...

When you work with elementary students, as I do, you will never, ever not know when a holiday is approaching.  They won't let you forget.  You won't let yourself forget.  I promise.

FOUR MORE DAYS.

FOUR MORE DAYS.

FOUR MORE DAYS.

But who's counting, right?

Yes, it is only four more days until Thanksgiving break.  (The kiddos get the whole week; the teachers have professional development all day Monday and [hopefully] half day on Tuesday.  Between you and me (and all of bloggy world) I would prefer to be with the kiddos on Monday and half day Tuesday...

After the Thanksgiving break it is only a hop, skip, and a jump until Christmas Break (unless you are Speshul Snowflake and then your break has apparently already begun.  Yes, she was out again today.  For the THIRD Monday in a row.  We have been in school for a total of seven days in November.  She has attended THREE of those days.)

I digress.

We have Grandparents Day this Friday and I am all kerfluffeled trying to figure out what I am going to do.  It doesn't help that no letters were sent out to let people know about this Friday and I have no idea how many grandparents to expect.  You can be sure that SS's grandmother will be there, though.  She will need to let me  (and everyone else) know exactly what it is that I am doing wrong in my room.

I digress.

I have the program pretty much figured out.  I am in need of some kind of simple (and cheap) art project for the kiddos to do with their grandparents.  Any suggestions?

We had beautiful weather today.  Why can't every day be like today?  Minus the wind.

Yesterday was a AMAZINGLY LOVELY sports day for me:

Cowboys  44   Bills  7
eagles = LOSS
redskins = LOSS
giants = LOSS

SCORE ONE FOR MY BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  pleaseohpleaseohplease win again next week.  And the week after that.  And every week thereafter.

Thank you.

:)

3 comments:

  1. You should be thanking a certain pathetic team for that Redskins loss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, believe me, I was. ;) I thought about texting you but you were having fun at the race so I didn't. Besides, I didn't think you cared about that certain pathetic team anymore.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for you!!!
    Good luck with grandparents day!

    IMISSYOU! :o(

    ReplyDelete