Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First day back...

Did I tell you about the first day back after Thanksgiving vacation?

I can't remember.

That's one of the downsides of being almost thirty-ten.

If I did tell you, please pretend like you don't remember because I am about to tell you again.

Don't worry.  There is a point to all of this.

I promise.

The first day back from Thanksgiving was interesting because we ended up out of the classroom for the first two hours or so.  A bomb threat will do that in a school.  No worries.  Apparently it was a prank.

Between you and me I hope they catch the little imp that did it and prosecute to the fullest extent.

Anywho.  On to the point.

Today was the first day back from Christmas vacation.  Aaannnndddd we were out of the classroom for the first two hours or so.

No bomb threat this time, though.  Just no heat in the building.  Not good seeing as how the outside temperature, with the wind chill factored in, was about 22 degrees.

I no likely the cold.

As if you didn't know!  :op

So both fourth grades spent the morning in the music room.

It was quite interesting.  We got up to the music room, got settled and went to PE!!!  Yea for PE!  Came back from PE and had an hour before lunch.  We did math games and a math lesson and then a quick spelling lesson.  We were all set to go to lunch when the principal (NOT ME!!!!!) came and told us that we couldn't eat in the lunch room (the gym) but we were allowed to go back to the classrooms and could eat lunch there.

So, all-in-all, not a bad day, just an interesting one.

I got another present today, too.  One of my kids forgot to give me a card before break.  She brought it to me today and it had a Starbucks gift card inside!  SCORE!

Oh, I got another present.....Speshul Snowflake is no longer my student!  Apparently she will be giving some other teacher grief about her many absences.  We'll see what happens, though, because Mommy told me that she might bring her back if the new school doesn't work out.  Hmmmm.....I wonder how much I can pay the new teacher to make it work out?

;)

Three days in a row, now.  BFF, are you happy?  I wouldn't know because you don't comment anymore.  :(  Actually, no one comments anymore.

Sigh.

Methinks I will go drown my sorrows in coffee, facebook, and yummy squishy yarn.

Goodnight!

6 comments:

  1. Quit yer whinin', ya big baby! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will comment for you! So glad you are Snowflake-less! Did you get a new student? I guess you would have said that. Can't wait to hear about any "changes" your meeting tomorrow brings. Hope it's good! It's FIVE degrees here! I will endure my time here and come home to a relative heat wave, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Congrats on your snowflake! Some folks bring happiness by coming into our lives others by leaving. Hopefully, her new teacher can make a difference in her lufe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My DSL has been wonky for the past few weeks, hence NO COMMENTING FOR MEEEEEEE!

    So glad the Snowflake is someone else's problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that snowflake is gone and you won't have to deal with Mommie and Grammie from hell anymore! Congrats on all the Starbucks bucks! I know your lovin that and no one deserve it more! Sorry to hear you were out of heat, that sucks. Hope that doesn't happen again. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto Freddie! Do a happy dance on that one!!!
    BFF is HAPPY that her BFF is blogging...WHOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Sorry that I have not been commenting...my computer is well just old and stupid!
    Are you happy dancing yet??? You need to be cuz there is no more "snow" in your class! :o)

    ReplyDelete