Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I feel like I may be spoiling you...

what with all this blogging and all.

;)

Awwwww....thanks for the comment love yesterday.  Except for you, Matthew.  (psst...don't worry, he's my brother so I can say that.  It's all good.)

Seriously, though.  I've said it before but it bears repeating.  It is always nice to know that there are actually people out there reading my drivel.

I had a thought today.  Well, more than one actually, but probably only one you would be interested in.  I thought today that, when we are going through a bad time it seems to last forever.  When you come out on the other side of it, though, it doesn't (always) seem like it lasted that long.

Case in point (because you had to know there was going to be one, right?):

The last two years at work were literally hell for me.  From an egotistical, narcissistic head of school, to a "team" of individuals consisting of egotistical, arrogant, power-tripping, power-hungry people...yeah, work was hell.  I pretty much spent the last two years frantically worried that I was going to get fired, trying to placate demanding parents, trying to lead sometimes lazy individuals (not all of them, by any means), and trying to educate spoiled, over-indulged, children with an enormous sense of entitlement.  During those two years I lost sleep, gained weight, and had to visit a cardiologist.  It didn't seem like it was ever going to end.

Tonight I was thinking of how long ago those two awful years seem.  I actually am in love with my job again.  I mean it.  I LOVE my job.  I love my students.  They make me laugh every single day.  I feel like I am doing some good again and that I am making a difference again.

The funny thing is....some of those same parents who berated me, yelled at me, tried to get me fired, sneered at me in the hallway, argued with me, etc...those parents are now the ones who come to me and tell me how much they miss me.  I am always tempted to look around for the candid cameras because I feel like it must be a big joke.  I want to laugh in their faces and sometimes just barely catch myself and remind myself just how rude that would be.  So I do it in my mind.  That way I get the same pleasure without being rude.

Win-win.

One final thing.

Curse you Matthew for getting me hooked on Storage Wars.

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!

;)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the bolgging BFF!!!
    Umm yeah! 2 years of pure H-E-L-L for you!!! I am SOOOOOO happy that you are not in that position any more! I did some serious worrying and praying for you!!!! I am overjoyed that you love your job again! You are such a WONDERFUL teacher!!!!
    Storage wars huh???? Hmmmmmmm......can't say that I have ever watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete