Friday, May 18, 2012

Crying myself a river...

I'm kind of a mess right now.  I've been crying since about 11:30 this morning and, with graduation only a few hours away, I will be crying until about 11:30 tonight.

Today was the last day of school for us and some of my babies aren't coming back next year.  When the first one left at 11:30, her mother practically had to pry her off me because she didn't want to leave.

Things went downhill from there.

To the point where even the boys were crying.

As was their teacher who is a BIG baby.

I received several gift cards today which was so nice.  I won't have to buy my own coffee for quite some time and I will also now be able to take a few follow-up knitting classes should my first one prove to be successful.

I will leave you with the following note that I received yesterday (and yes, it made me bawl like a baby):

Dear Miss Olsen,
Thank you so much for everything you have done.  Thank you for teaching me well.  Thank you for loving me.  I want to thank you so much for believing in me in English cause that really helped.  I love you so much and I don't want to leave you but I hope you teach 5th grade next year.  Hopefully we can stay in touch by writing each other.  I love you so much and I'm going to miss you.
Your Student,
M** H******


sniff, sniff.....

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWW TOO SWEET!!!!

    It's nice to know that there are still teachers out there that love their students, want to see them do well, and make a HUGE positive impact in their lives.

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete