Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Did you know...


  1. While I was born (and spent five years) in the North, I consider myself a Southern girl through and through.  I say y'all, all y'all, yes ma'am/no ma'am, and yes sir/no sir.  Without fail.
  2. My students think I talk funny although they do not think I have a Texas accent.
  3. I hate snakes, heights, close spaces, anything with a stinger, and people who talk during the movie.  Shut up already!
  4. One of my secret guilty pleasures involves a salt shaker and slugs.  I hate those slimy little buggers.
  5. I used to think that blood was thicker than water.  Not anymore.
  6. My favorite color is pink.
  7. Although I drive a truck, LOVE football, and watch NASCAR, I am a girly girl through and through.  
  8. I hate to sweat thus my abhorrence of exercising. Although I DESPERATELY need to.
  9. Improper grammar drives me up the wall.  I am always (mentally) correcting other people's grammar.
  10. I love coffee and coffee flavored anything.
  11. If I could eat ice cream every day for the rest of my life I would be happy.  Especially if I could do that and not gain any weight.
  12. I used to think I was going to marry Troy Aikman.  Now I am in love with Tony Stewart.
  13. I love my job.  I love being a teacher.  I love being an elementary school teacher.
  14. One day I would love to move back to Texas.
  15. I love my dog.  She is my BFFF (best furry friend forever).
  16. I hate flowery scents.  Except lilac.  I LOVE the smell of lilacs.
  17. Not that I think this is EVER going to happen; however, if it does...I plan on getting married on the beach.  In bare feet.  With either pink or orange toe nails.
  18. My BFF is going to make my wedding cake.  Or cupcakes.  In fabulously bright colors.
  19. I don't care if it is in style.  If I like it, I will wear it.  And probably buy three or four of it.
  20. I love plants but have little luck in growing them or keeping them alive.  When I can accomplish keeping a plant alive longer than six months I consider myself successful.
  21. My favorite kind of food is Mexican but my favorite home cooked meal is my Dad's BBQ beef ribs.  I do my best to get him to make them for me every time I see him.
  22. I do not know how to change a tire but I do know how to add wind shield wiper fluid.  I can also add oil to my lawn mower.  Clearly I am not a do-it-yourself kind of girl.
  23. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people scream and rant and rave about equal rights but then do not recognize that those equal rights belong to EVERYONE whether you agree with them or not.
  24. I love old movies.  I mean Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, and Ingrid Bergman old.
  25. While I don't follow basketball I am rooting for OKC because I can't stand loathe the Heat.
The end.

:)

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I love learning more about people! FYI: I, too, cannot keep plants alive. I wanted to get married on the beach, but it never happened; my first husband and I eloped at the courthouse, and J and I got married in Las Vegas. Bad grammar drives me bonkers as well. I want to kill people who talk during movies. I am a Southern girl through and through as well, and people out here are constantly asking me, "Where are you from?" I guess I can't shake my accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 14. One day I would love to move back to Texas.

    I know five people that wouldn't mind if you moved back to Texas...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I want nothing more than for you to be happy, I hope you don't move to Texas for a looonnnngggg time or at least not before I go into the "home for the aged and crazed"...LOL! And I agree 100% go Thunder! Beat the Heat!

    ReplyDelete