Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Note to self...

It really would be a good idea to blog more than once a week....

I actually did have a blog post ready to go sometime last week.  I had typed up about half of it and then had to stop for a bit.  I never did get back to it and so it never got posted.

Sorry about that.

So.  My knitting class was supposed to end last night.  I happened to check my e-mail yesterday afternoon and discovered an e-mail from someone in the store (I think the owner) saying that class was going to be postponed because the instructor was in the emergency room.

What?!?!

I don't know what's up with her and I really hope she is ok.  I was disappointed to miss class but am more concerned about the instructor.  We are supposed to be making up the class this coming Tuesday night and then I will have to decide what I am going to do after that.  I am going to try to get some advice from the girl who is teaching the class to see what she would recommend as the next step.  I have been looking at some of the choices and there are a few that sound interesting but that require skills that I don't have yet.

Look what I got this weekend:



I have been wanting some nice (inexpensive) furniture for my deck since I moved in here but didn't have the money to buy anything.  I have literally been saving for about two years and found this set on clearance at Home Depot this weekend.  I am so in love with it!  Unfortunately, it was hotter than Satan's left armpit the last few days so I haven't been able to really enjoy it, yet.

My deck is slowly turning in to the little oasis that I have been envisioning.  I love the bright colors of the plants I have gotten and love the furniture that I have.  It is supposed to cool down a little this weekend so I am hoping to be able to grill and dine al fresco.  :)

The little one is doing well.  She enjoys her daily naps:


and has "made friends" with the dog that lives behind us.  Ok.  Technically, I suppose they aren't friends.  I am guessing she is more likely merely tolerating him.  It is kind of funny, though.  He will come to the fence and whine and whimper to get her attention.  She will walk over to the fence and stare at him while he makes a fool out of himself.  Then she will turn around and look at me and I swear she would roll her eyes if she could.



She is such a diva.  Aaannnnnnddd....I love her!

Stay cool wherever you are and enjoy the rest of your week!

:)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have done with your oasis!

    Wish that I could come over to enjoy it with you! ONE DAY!!!!

    Love the pics of the diva too! :o)

    MISS YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete