Tuesday, July 10, 2012

the invader and how miss raven dealt with it...

I've decided that my new theme song is "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson.

no explanation necessary.

(p.s.  i triple-puffy-heart love you, bff.  thanks for always, always being there for me!)

I do have a funny miss raven story....

The other night she needed to visit the yard.  I let her out and I noticed that there was something in our yard. Seems like someone kicked/threw/tossed an old soccer ball into the yard.  What happened next made me howl with laughter and made me wish I had brought my camera outside.  miss raven saw the "thing" from the porch and tore off down the steps to attack the invader.  her fur was standing straight up all the way down her back and she was barking like mad.  she ran up to the ball but stopped short and started circling it, facing it the whole time and still barking.  Of course I had to play this up.  I kept telling her to get it and she kept barking.  she finally got the nerve up to get a little closer and sniff it.  As luck would have it, she was on the opposite side of the ball from my foot so as soon as she got close enough, I nudged it with  my toe.  I swear that dog jumped six feet off the ground and she was madder than a hornet!  The barking started anew but this time she was hiding behind my legs and peeking around to "attack".

I really, really wish I could have video-taped the whole thing because it was just about the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.  :)

I made it to Michael's yesterday and picked up a couple of different cable needles.  These new ones are from Boye and have ridges in the middle that seem to hold the yard better.  I also finally used my Barnes and Noble gift card on another knitting book.  I really like this one because it has pictures that I can understand.  I started a new cable swatch and am really happy with it.  I have an idea floating around in my mind for a sweater for my girl.  I like the idea of a cable down the back of the sweater.  The only thing I'm not sure of is how to add little sleeves.  I am assuming I would need double pointed needles (DPNs) but haven't learned how to use them yet. I know how I would do the main piece and the under piece and I know how I would sew them together.  I'm even thinking about ribbing around the bottom and the neck.  We'll see.  Right now I am going to keep practicing my cables, though, and tomorrow I am going to sign up for the lace knitting class.

Keep cool today and guess what?  There are only 17 days left until the Olympics!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty cool to BFF!!!
    O-M-G!!!!! That dog of yours totally cracks me up!!!!!!! I would have loved to have seen that!!!! :o)
    Can't wait to see what you are learning and practicing with knitting!
    Countdown is on!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete