Sunday, August 19, 2012

I know, I know...

It's been a while...

(again)

Last Sunday was not a good day for me, and, to be truthful, neither was Monday.  You would think that as the years go by it would get easier.  It doesn't.

Tuesday miss raven and I took our last official "vacation" of the summer.  We packed up and headed to the beach for a few days.  My love of the beach is well documented and I was thrilled to be there, even if it was only for a few days.

The weather was gorgeous and I only got a teensy bit burned on the backs of my legs.  I saw a large pod of dolphins on Wednesday morning...I think that was the highlight of the whole trip.  It was pretty early in the morning, the beach wasn't crowded, and there they were, playing in the water.  Because my camera isn't top of the line I couldn't get a decent picture of them.  Sometimes, though, it is nice just to have the memories of something.

My summer is officially over now as I go back to work tomorrow.  I am actually kind of looking forward to it.  As nice amazingly wonderful as my summer as been, I'm ready to see my kiddos again.  I am hoping to have all of my returning students again this year.  I know there are some new kids and I am hoping they fit in as well as the new ones did last year.  I have four bags packed and ready to take in tomorrow.  I also have a basket of books but that may have to wait until later in the week.  I still have to put everything in my room back into place and that will probably take up most of the day tomorrow.  Well, whatever I have left of the day after all the back-to-school meetings are over.  I have to have my room all ready by Thursday morning as that is when the parents will be coming for orientation.  Thankfully, it is in the morning so no one has to stay late this year.

My knitting is going well.  I am working on a shawl that I am loving right now and so far it actually looks good.  I have four scarves blocking right now and am hoping to have some pictures of them to post soon.

Have a great Monday!  :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and a great school year. Hope we can get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach is always ao WONDERFUL place to go!
    Good luck on the work week!!!
    Can't wait to see your knitting!

    ReplyDelete