Today is November 16. How'd *that* happen??
Thanksgiving is less than a WEEK away.
And I am (once again) a blogger slacker.
Let's get caught up....
- Is going well, thank you for asking.
- We had Grandparent's Day today. As much as it stresses me out, I have to be honest and say that it is one of my FAVORITE days of the year. This year I had the grandparents share what school was like when they were in 5th grade and also any advice they wanted to give to the students. It was so precious and I am so glad I thought to do it. I loved hearing what they had to say.
- I did the coolest project this week...and it wasn't messy. SCORE! I had each group (right now they are in 5 groups of 3) plan a Thanksgiving meal for 8 people. I gave them each a different grocery store ad and told them their budget was $60.00. They did so well working together. I was super proud of them. They all managed to stay within the budget AND plan a pretty decent meal. Although one group's guests will have yogurt for dessert....
- personally.....hmmmmm....things are changing. I've had to make some tough decisions about some relationships lately. It hasn't been easy but I am at peace about it. I've also been able to renew an old friendship. That was rather unexpected but has been....nice. :)
- miss raven is still giving me cause to worry. Tuesday-Thursday I came home to find that she had been sick. When I got home she wasn't acting sick but she had been sick sometime that day. Today when I got home, all was well. No sickness, thankfully, and a very frisky puppy. she keeps me guessing, to be sure.
Now, though, the best movie EVER is on and I am going to watch it.
"You've Got Mail"