Friday, November 16, 2012

So, wow...

Um.  Huh.

Today is November 16.  How'd *that* happen??

Thanksgiving is less than a WEEK away.

And I am (once again) a blogger slacker.

Let's get caught up....


  1. School:
    • Is going well, thank you for asking.
    • We had Grandparent's Day today.  As much as it stresses me out, I have to be honest and say that it is one of my FAVORITE days of the year.  This year I had the grandparents share what school was like when they were in 5th grade and also any advice they wanted to give to the students.  It was so precious and I am so glad I thought to do it.  I loved hearing what they had to say.
    • I did the coolest project this week...and it wasn't messy.  SCORE!  I had each group (right now they are in 5 groups of 3) plan a Thanksgiving meal for 8 people.  I gave them each a different grocery store ad and told them their budget was $60.00.  They did so well working together.  I was super proud of them.  They all managed to stay within the budget AND plan a pretty decent meal.  Although one group's guests will have yogurt for dessert....
  2. Life:
    • personally.....hmmmmm....things are changing.  I've had to make some tough decisions about some relationships lately.  It hasn't been easy but I am at peace about it.  I've also been able to renew an old friendship.  That was rather unexpected but has been....nice.  :)
    • miss raven is still giving me cause to worry.  Tuesday-Thursday I came home to find that she had been sick.  When I got home she wasn't acting sick but she had been sick sometime that day.  Today when I got home, all was well.  No sickness, thankfully, and a very frisky puppy.  she keeps me guessing, to be sure.
I think that's it for now.  I'm looking forward to this weekend as I am going to my knitting group again tomorrow.  I had a nice time the last time I went and am hoping to step out of my shell and talk a little more tomorrow.

Now, though, the best movie EVER is on and I am going to watch it.

"You've Got Mail"

:)

1 comment:

  1. HOT DANG I GOT A BLOG!!!!! Way to make my Monday morning BFF!!! :o)
    1. How many times to I have to tell you that you TOTALLYROCK?!?!?!?!?! At least one more!!! Y-O-U-R-O-C-K!!!!!!!!!
    2. Do text me re: point #1 and re: point #2 I am REALLY happy to hear that Ms. Ravin is better!!!
    Way to step out of that box BFF!!!!
    And YES that has got to be one of the BEST EVER movies!!!

    ReplyDelete