Monday, September 7, 2009

the best laid plans....

I had plans today. I'm not so lame that I sit at home on a day off wishing that I had somewhere to go or someone to do something with. I really did have plans today.

My plans changed. It wasn't like I got a complete brush off or anything like that but when you have plans and are looking forward to them and then they change unexpectedly....well, it can leave you feeling a little disconcerted.

So, instead of doing what I had planned on doing, I wandered aimlessly through Target, Safeway, Old Navy, Macy's, and New York and Company. I didn't get much. A couple of things here and there. Mostly I just wanted to get out of the house and not be one of THOSE people who sits at home and wishes their plans hadn't changed.

I'm home now (obviously) and am doing laundry. Not exciting, I know. I have a Venti Skinny Vanilla Latte sitting next to me and a ravenous miss raven at the foot of the bed. She is pretty much ignoring me and tearing into a sweet potato bone. She keeps eyeing me like she is deathly afraid I am going to come within five hundred yards of the gooey mess and then she would be forced to rip my lips off with her little pirhana teeth. Not that she would WANT to do that, mind you. She would be sorry that she HAD to do it and would wish mightly that I had just kept my distance. Little does she know that, not only do I not want it, I REALLY don't want it. Slimy, wet, gooey, rawhide is just not my thing. ;)

I'm loving Colbie Caillat right now. I used to totally be into country music and to some degree I still am. Right now, though, I am in some kind of change. Ooohhhh. That statement could lead to something deep. Suffice it to say that I have some big decisions ahead of me. About life, about work, about a lot of stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment