Friday, November 20, 2009

fantastically fabulous brother-of-mine friday???

hmmmmmm..........not so sure about that one. :)

OBviously that was suggested by my very own fantastically fabulous (also OBVIOUSLY very humble) brother. Sooooooo....what to say, what to say?

Hmmmmm....really, should it BE this hard???

;)

Seriously. My brother is one cool guy. Most probably the coolest, funniest, always-be-there-for-you, kind of guy. He is an awesome dad, and, from what I hear, a pretty gosh-darn-good math teacher.

Growing up we fought alot. Well, who doesn't fight with their brothers and/or sisters? For a while we had to share a room. Our Nana had moved in with us because she had a heart attack and my mom needed to be able to take care of her. Matthew and I had to share his room. Because it was HIS room, I had to listen to his favorite music ALL THE TIME. At the time, his FAVORITE music came from uber-cheesy Disney records. Specifically, that would be the ever-popular, oh-so-catchy, "Swamp Fox." The story of Francis Marion, from the American Revolution. Hear it once, no problem. Hear it twice, still, not too much of a problem. Hear it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.......it makes one want to, oh, I don't know, ram an ice pick into their eardrums. Now, mind you, he KNEW I hated (loathed, despised) that #$*%^*# song. What did my adorable, sweet, considerate, little brother do? Played it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...well, you get the picture.

Then there was the time that I have been accused of hanging him on the clothesline pole. He ended up with a pretty badly damaged arm and I somehow got all the blame. Still can't figure out how THAT happened.

There are more stories that I could tell....many more, but I suppose he could tell just as many about me. ;) What I will say, though, is that my brother is one of a small handful of people that I know that I can depend on. We pretty much only have each other. I can't relate to people with big families. The kind of families where everyone is always in everyone else's business. We didn't have that growing up. We lived in a city pretty far away from everyone else in either family. We sort of knew my mom's family and we didn't really know my dad's family at all. I miss that. But Matthew and I know that we have each other and that's cool. I know that I can call him any day, and any time of the day and he will be there for me no matter what.

So, yes, I guess, no, I know, that brother of mine is indeed pretty fantastically fabulous. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment