Wednesday, November 4, 2009

oh happy day!

It's Wednesday and I was going to do a "wordless wednesday" (no post, just a picture). I WAS going to....

Instead I am going to say.........wait for it..........................wait...............................

WHOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why I am so happy? Glad you asked.

Last week I was told that my vacation time was going to change. "No one deserves four weeks of vacation" were the words that were told to me. I was devestated. I work very hard and I work long hours. Most of the time the things I do are behind the scenes and that is OK with me. I don't really like being noticed anyway. Not only was I going to lose a week of my vacation, but I was also told that, from now on, if I want days off over Thanksgiving, Christmas, or Spring Break, I would have to use my leave. I have NEVER, EVER had to use my leave for those holidays, mostly because of all the extra work I do. Now, it has been decided that I have to. That would have been bad enough but to also be told that I was losing one of my vacation weeks?? WOW--I was pretty upset.

Fast forward to today. I got a letter in my mailbox (at work) saying that I, although I will still have to use leave for the holidays (boo-hiss), I will NOT lose my extra vacation week.

WHOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

Today was a gosh-darn good day.

Oh--and right now miss raven is snuggled up under my sweatshirt. She is such a happy girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment